Shame is a PAINFUL emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace. Shame is a mask that comes in many different facades. But, whatever the mask, they all have the same purpose…to keep who you are hidden and afraid of what others might think of you if they see past the mask. Scripture reads in Psalm 34:5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
Tomorrow, when I am more alert, I am going to dissect this verse. Shame is a powerful tactic of the enemy, but my God is greater.
My 28 Thanks:
1. He is Faithful.
2. He is constant.
3. He is loving and true.
4. Shame doesn’t have to darken my face.
5. I can be radiant with joy.
6. Regardless of my past, I can be full of hope.
7. My family had a fun weekend together.
8. My family made is safely back home.
9. We got to church on time.
10. My team was ready to go this morning and full of life.
11. KidMotion was awesome.
12. Transitions were smooth.
13. The kids were sad that our summer series, Off the Rails, is over.
14. They LOVED the jumbo glasses that we gave away today.
15. I had awesome conversations with some new leaders and friends today.
16. We had a quiet afternoon lunch at home.
17. I got to take a short, 30 minute power nap.
18. Judah is growing so big, strong, and healthy. His 4t pants were hard to button this morning.
19. My friend, Danielle surprised me with a bath ball from Lush. I love baths!
20. I trained two new leaders for our training wheels team tonight.
21. Super excited to get to work with my new team mates!
22. I love Sunday afternoon Twitter feeds. It is so exciting to read posts from pastors all over the nation who celebrate the goodness of God and how His presence showed up at church.
23. Kids on the Move gives all of their songs away for free downloads.
24. Kidcrew had an awesome practice. I can’t wait to launch our new series song, Shine A Light.
25. The worship set was wonderful tonight.
26. Spontaneous conversations that open the doorway to directed, divine, and purposed relationships.
27. A beautiful woman shared her heart with me today and I am excited to become her friend.
28. God ordains our steps and orders our path.