Judah is continually on the move. I once saw a saying above a kids bed which read, “Let him sleep, for when he wakes, he will move mountains.” How true those words are for most little boys. It is very true of my sweet Judah. His days consist of running, jumping, climbing, hiding, exploring, twirling, and repeat. Even when he sits on my lap, he is restless with activity. Often, I say, “Judah, be still. Judah, be still. Judah, be still.” I love the activity of my little boy. He makes our lives full of fun and adventure and laughter. However, if I want Judah to hear my voice, follow specific instruction, and change his course of action, I have to make him “be still” and know what I am saying. If I instruct him while he is running, jumping, twirling, climbing, etc…he doesn’t always compute what I am trying to tell him.
Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still, and know that I am God!”
Wow~even God has to tell His children to be still and recognize His authority in their lives. If you read the full chapter of Psalm 46, God establishes His authority both in Heaven and on Earth. Multiple times in that chapter it is declared that God is our refuge and our strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. I like to read it like this:
1. Earthquakes come…Be still and know that I am God.
2. Mountains crumble…Be still and know that I am God.
3. Oceans roar…Be still and know that I am God.
4. Mountains tremble and waters surge…Be still and know that I am God.
5. Nations are in chaos…Be still and know that I am God.
6. Kingdoms crumble…Be still and know that I am God.
But, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us…Be still and know that I am God.
There is a lot of noise out there. Besides the obvious, TV, Radio, Video Games, Entertainment Venues, Other People, and the World’s Sound Bed, we also have noise inside our hearts. Worries, fears, anxieties, hurts, and confusion, are all sources of noise in our hearts. Whether it is noise on the outside or the inside, they both work together to make it difficult to hear and trust God.
We must turn off the noise and Be Still before the Lord. We must turn off the noise and recognize the Authority of the Lord, who shows up with all of Heaven’s Armies to fight on our behalves.
Be Still today and know that He is GOD!
My 28 Thanks:
1. I can be still and know that He is God!
2. My God is the Lord of ALL of heaven’s armies.
3. The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is among us.
4. God is my refuge and my strength.
5. God dwells in a City that will NEVER be destroyed.
6. I don’t have to be afraid.
7. I can silence both outside and inside noise.
9. Judah loves spending time with me.
10. He loves to sit on my lap when we are attempting rest.
11. Judah and I spent the entire day together.
12. Holly met us at Hobby Lobby and helped pick out my window fabric. She is so talented and helps make my life beautiful.
13. The weather was amazing.
14. We played outside a lot. I love having an awesome backyard for Judah to play.
15. My friend Debby and her kids came over for a visit and lunch. It was a nice, relaxing time.
16. It stopped the drizzle rain when I stopped to put gas in my car.
17. I can afford a full tank of gas. Wow, gas is so expensive.
18. Gary didn’t have to do any water rescue at the fire station.
19. My parents and my sister came for a weekend visit.
20. They brought my sweet little 2 year old nephew, Gatlin.
21. He is a doll. So sweet. He has had a great time at my house.
22. Judah and Gatlin play well together.
23. Judah dressed up as Woody from Toy Story. I love when he does imagination play. We took the costume off at 11:00 p.m.
24. Catching up with family.
25. Fun chats with my sister.
26. God doesn’t want me to be anyone else but me.
27. He created me wonderfully.
28. During a time of year when rain is supposed to be limited, we have had an abundance. I am thankful for rain. Rain both physical and spiritual.