Friday, November 22
My 27 Thanks:
1. We slept in.
2. I woke up feeling better than I have felt all week.
3. It’s Friday and this is the one weekend in several that Gary is off the entire weekend.
4. We spent the morning relaxing at home.
5. Today is the anniversary of JFKs assasination. After so many years, He is still honored. I love seeing people honor the memory, legacy, and life of others.
6. JFK loved our country. He was a great, inspiring leader.
7. I found my Smith Wigglesworth devotional book.
8. I can have a spirit of discernment.
9. Gary went out and checked the roads before we went out as a family.
10. The roads were not that bad at all. Slow and steady and you are good.
11. Gary usually always drives us. I don’t like to drive, so I love it when he does.
12. We took Judah to North Pole City. I hadn’t been there since I was a little girl. It is a magical place.
13. Judah had a blast.
14. He picked out a really cool candy cane/elf ornament for his tree.
15. I got some great ideas for my own decorating purposes and I think I can do it at a cheaper, budget friendly price.
16. Budgets and Boundaries. Dave Ramsey says, “Live like no one else, so one day you can live like no one else.”
17. We ran to Sams Club to buy our contribution for Thanksgiving. No one was at Sams. It was a perfect time and day to go.
18. It must have been sample time at Sams. We had mac-and-cheese, broccoli rice casserole, smoked turkey, smoked ham, pumpkin pie, apple dumplings, and scalloped potatoes. Seriously, it was a Thanksgiving feast at Sams. Eat while you shop. We also met a really sweet elderly couple who were married and worked the sample booth together. They were so cute and so funny with one another. They were a perfect picture of what Gary and I will be in 35 years!
19. We bought all of our Thanksgiving items.
20. Judah accidentally dropped some of his mac-and-cheese on the floor at Sams. I stopped and waited for a couple who had stalled their cart over the cheesy noodle to move out of the way, so I could pick it up. When I went to pick it up, a Sams Club employee saw me. He came over and was so impressed that I would pick it up. He thanked me and said no one ever does that anymore. Wow! I am glad that I could make a positive impression and do something nice. My mommy always taught me to pick up after myself! Pay it forward.
21. My friend, Holly, is doing so well at her Christmas decorating business. She is too busy for me…ha ha ha.
22. My little sister, Haley, made a wise decision to NOT drive in this crazy weekend weather.
23. Church on the Move is first class. They sent me a rain check voucher for next year’s Christmas Train. They are insuring me Christmas Train tickets for next year. Wow! First class church.
24. We had a great day together.
25. I have a fireplace and it keeps our living area warm.
26. I have a roof over my head and warmth in my home.