Wednesday, November 27
My 27 Thanks:
1. Judah and I enjoyed a relaxing morning at home.
2. My mother-in-law kept Judah for a while, so I could go and work on Christmas decor at the church.
3. I got more done in a shorter amount of time than expected.
4. My friend, Heather, helped me decorate one of the trees on the stage. Heather has a great eye for design like her sister, Holly.
5. Aaron ran to Chick-Fil-A and brought back lunch for all of us, so we could keep on working.
6. Holly and her family have spent hours working on the church Christmas Decor. I am so thankful they have been willing to give up a holiday week to serve at the church. They are multi-talented.
7. Many people volunteered to help in the kitchen as we prepared to serve 1,000 people in the church Thanksgiving feast.
8. I love seeing new, random groups of people have a good time together and form friendships. Serving is good for the heart and soul.
9. My family is here. For the first time in a year, we will all be together at my house.
10. I am getting to host both my family and Gary’s family at our home for Thanksgiving.
11. Judah and Gatlin had fun playing together.
12. Judah took Gatlin upstairs to the playroom by himself. Judah has never gone to the playroom without Gary or me. Progress, people, progress.
13. My friend, Sande, is finishing her doctorate degree in Education. She asked me to proof her thesis. Wow! I am honored.
14. Zach is home for the Thanksgiving holiday. He had safe travels and I know his parents are thrilled to have him home.
15. Holiday Spirit.
16. My mom rode with me into downtown. If I am going to drive at night, downtown, I definitely appreciate a riding partner. This country girl still gets a little nervous driving in the big city.
17. My whole family met up at Bricktown for a visit with Santa Claus and dinner.
18. All the boys enjoyed their time at Santa’s Workshop at Bass Pro.
19. We all planned to meet at Outback for dinner. We got stuck in horrible bumper-to-bumper traffic on I-35. I am thankful for alternative routes.
20. There is usually more than one way to skin a cat. Think outside the box.
21. We went right in and sat down at Outback…I love no wait.
22. We shared childhood “embarrassing” moments with each other. I love reminiscing.
23. Gary wasn’t with us because he was working. I am so thankful that I still miss him greatly anytime he isn’t there.
24. Today is my friend Debby’s birthday. She is a special friend. She is a bright light in a room full of dark. She is helpful, dependable, and always sees the beauty in someone. She not only serves faithfully with me in kids ministry, but she also has a special place in her heart for the tougher kids to minister too. She loves finding a way to bring a smile to their face and make them feel super special. Debby is a great wife, a great mom, and a great friend. She also loves the Lord with all her heart.
25. Today is my friend Abby’s birthday. She is a fun friend. She is a hard-worker who is determined to do her best at all tasks and she always looks great doing it. I especially appreciate her laid back personality. She is a “glass is half full” kind of gal. She has a fun, Audrey Hepburn sense of fashion. She loves “nerdy” games and travel. I am so thankful for her friendship and I am super glad that she is bringing her talent back to OKC.
26. There is wisdom in a multitude of counsel.