“It is simply a fact that if you want to experience Jesus Christ and His power, you must get up from where you are and start moving in His direction.” This quote was in my morning Sparkling Gem devotion by Rick Renner. The words leaped from the page and excited my spirit. So often, we can be moved in the direction towards our feelings, emotions, current challenges, and other people’s opinions. But, in order to experience Him, you must follow Him.
During my morning devotion, I asked the Lord to forgive me for being hard-hearted and forgetting ever so quickly that the Lord has rescued and delivered and saved me so many times. So, despite my current circumstances and challenges, why would I ever doubt that He will see me through again! Nevertheless, to experience Him, I must go where He goes, think like He thinks, and do what He would do.
My List of 27 Thanks:
1. Forgiveness. My Lord Forgives me.
2. My heart is sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
3. I am easily convicted. Conviction keeps me from harm.
4. My husband forgives me.
5. Judah forgives me.
6. Great Weather.
7. Spent most of the day with my hands in dirt.
8. Grilled food.
9. Judah and Morgan had a blast playing in the dirt and water.
10. Hot showers.
11. Gary made us an above ground pallet garden. If it works, we will have so much fun harvesting our own vegetables.
12. So many praise songs where on my heart today. Set a fire down in my soul that I can’t contain, that I can’t control. Cause I want more of you God. More of you God.
13. My house is almost ready for paint. We are so blessed.
14. Sunscreen. Why did I not use this more as a kid?
15. Chocolate Truffles
16. Cherryl Hodges who bought me the Chocolate Truffles. She is a precious teenager who loves the Lord with all her heart. I am gald that I know her.
17. I got to sit out on the porch swing again today.
18. Judah had a blast at Marcum’s nursery. He was in heaven. They had rocks, sticks, mud puddles, water fountains, and dirt. Lots of dirt.
19. Judah didn’t take a nap today, but he went to bed at 8:15 p.m. Now, Gary and I get to watch one of our movies.
20. My next door neighbor gave me flower pots at no cost.
21. The new batch of strawberries from Crest taste amazing! So sweet and juicy.
22. My sister-in-law, Laci, celebrated her birthday today. We don’t get to spend too much time together. But, she has a great taste for style and we shop at the same stores. I always like to see what she is wearing, so I can get ideas from her. If we lived close to one another, we would closet shop!
23. Gary prayed the sweetest prayer over Judah tonight. It is never too early to pray for your child’s spouse. I loved listening to that sweet prayer.
24. I didn’t think about work at all today.
25. I got a really sweet email from my friend Deborah. She made my heart smile. Knowing that you have made even a slight difference in someone else’s life is PRICELESS.
26. Gave my Laura, my other sis-in-law, samples of Mary Kay makeup today. It was kinda like playing dress up as a kid. Fun times.
27. Judah ate outside tonight. Very little mess to clean up at the table.
28. Today was a very peaceful day.