This morning I listened to a message by Pastor Steven Furtick entitled, “It’s Not a Competition, It’s a Calling!” It was a great message that spoke straight to my spirit. The death of contentment is comparison. Often, we compare ourselves to others. But, when we walk in His calling, we are not competing with someone else, but rather, we are designed to work together with them. We all have an important part to play in the body of Christ.
If we aren’t careful, we can see someone who has the “spotlight” more than we do as a threat to our purpose or as an excuse to undermine our role. We must keep in mind though that the inside “hidden” parts of our body make the outward “seen” parts of the body FUNCTION. Every role is important in the body of Christ.
I don’t have to prove myself to anyone because I have already been APPROVED by Him.
My list of 28:
1. I am approved by God.
2. God has called me and He equips those that He calls.
3. My calling becomes what I call it. I am called to be a wife, a mom, a friend, a mentor, a pastor to kids.
4. I don’t see the “behind the scenes” of the lives of others. So, why would I compare my “behind the scenes” with their highlight reel. Freedom!
5. I can learn so much from leaders in the Bible like Gideon.
6. God has blessed me with SO MANY faithful teammates who make kidz ministry function each week.
7. I love staff chapel time with my team.
8. Staff meeting had lots of laughter today.
9. A sweet couple in the church, who I don’t know, left me a sweet card and giftcard to Outback Steak house. They just wanted to tell me thanks.
10. Gary and Aaron got all the audio equipment working today for our KidMotion/Training Wheels puppet recordings.
11. My preschool director and I had a great brainstorming session (both of us were driving in our separate cars). I think we have solved some serious issues due to GROWTH.
12. Growth is the will of God.
13. Gary, Judah, and I all got to eat lunch together today.
14. I was able to pray with my friend, Ava, before her hand surgery today.
15. Ava made it through her surgery just fine. She is at home resting now.
16. Judah had a blast driving his dump truck all around the yard.
17. Gary and I gave Judah his first in-home haircut tonight.
18. Judah’s haircut looks good. We didn’t mess up.
19. I accomplished more today at work than what I expected.
20. My mother-in-law grilled chicken tonight. It was yummy and healthy.
21. Gary cut a really nice path down to the creek so Judah and I can continue to go down there and throw sticks into the water.
22. Today I found out that God worked a really sweet miracle in the lives of my friends, Matt and Deborah. So excited for them and their new future.
23. I got some cute pictures of Judah helping his Mom-Mom plant broccoli in the garden.
24. Judah had the cutest smile tonight. His entire face was covered in dirt.
25. I had so much energy tonight that I helped Gary push mow the yard.
26. The way I mow the yard brought laughter to faces of others! I am glad that I could add some comedy to their lives tonight.
27. My mom called and told me that she is coming to the City this weekend to see her grand boys!
28. Judah and I are snuggled up in bed together, sharing popcorn. He is watching Special Agent Oso Bear and I am typing this blog.