John 21:2-7 reads, Several of the disciples were there—Simon Peter, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples. Simon Peter said, “I’m going fishing.” “We’ll come, too,” they all said. So they went out in the boat, but they caught nothing all night. At dawn Jesus was standing on the beach, but the disciples couldn’t see who he was. He called out, “Fellows, have you caught any fish?” “No,” they replied. Then he said, “Throw out your net on the right-hand side of the boat, and you’ll get some!” So they did, and they couldn’t haul in the net because there were so many fish in it.
My List of 28 Thanks:
1. I am surrending more and more of my life to Jesus everyday.
2. I sense a stronger presence of God in my life.
3. When I give more of me to Him, He gives more of Himself to me!
4. I can experience Jesus in my daily activities.
5. He is near to me.
6. Even Jesus used a different tactic to catch fish.
7. Jesus is involved in my work.
8. Change is a part of my life. I am not afraid of it, I just like to plan for it:)
9. The heater in my car worked really well today. It was nice and toasty in a matter of minutes.
10. Judah got to stay home with Mom-Mom and his cousins today.
11. Judah loves staying home.
12. Three people told me today how much my “less than a week” old blog has ministered to them.
13. I usually don’t like the wind, but I watched it today while driving and the Lord spoke something special to me about it.
14. The Holy Spirit reminded me of a great illustration I could use for my message on Perseverance Sunday morning.
15. I actually got my entire Sunday message, as well as the small group activities, done today!
16. I got to see Pastor Marcia and Dorothy today. They are such sweet, caring women. They are very special to me.
17. Pastor Ted loves to joke! It is easy to work under the leadership of someone who loves to live life with laughter, fun, and authenticity.
18. My friend, Lorry Gail, and I had a great 3 hour work session for our Summer Series, Off the Rails. Our KidMotion and Training Wheels kids are going to love this series.
19. Lorry Gail is writing all the puppet sketches! She is talented and what a help this is to me.
20. Puppets still work wonders with kids.
21. Homemade beef or deer stew (I don’t ask what the meat is anymore, I just eat) for dinner and homemade cornbread. Yummy.
22. Dustin was able to get my Sports Camp application on the website today. It was his day off!
23. Rony, our Creative Arts Pastor, is helping me make Kidz Ministry sound awesome. He cares about kids production too.
24. My husband loves his job. He is having a great day at work.
25. The guys at his job love us. They are all like brothers to Gary.
26. The copier never ran out of paper today and I used it a lot.
27. My hair is long enough now to wear it in a really cute, 80s style, side pony tail.
28. I can find little things to bring a smile to my face.