I have been thinking about God’s promises today. Not only did I teach about it today in KidMotion, but on the way home from church, Judah sang me his favorite song, God’s promises are forever…they will never change.”
I remember when I was in elementary school and my friends and I made daily promises. And, when we were really serious those promises became “pinkie promises.” We would pinkie promise to dress alike, never like the same boy, always be bffs, and whatever else was the popular thing at the time. Unfortunately, those promises never lasted. Someone would inevitably break a promise and hurt another’s feelings. But, GOD’S promises never get broken. It isn’t in His character to break a promise. His promises are FOREVER and they never Change. In honor of Mother’s Day, God also gives specific, special promises to His daughters.
I am thankful for some of those promises today:
My 28 Thanks:
1. His promises are forever and they will never change.
2. God doesn’t break His promises.
3. 2 Peter 1:4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
4. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
5. Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
6. Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
7. Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
8. God’s Word brings me life.
9. Thankful for moms who raise their children in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
10. Gary and Judah brought me a dozen beautiful orange roses this morning.
11. Judah LOVES the color orange. So, he was very excited that my flowers were orange.
12. Judah got me a “wreck it Ralph” card. It is a mother’s day card, but when you open it, it plays a song from the Wreck it Ralph movie. He loves that movie.
13. My son is so smart:) He remembers everything.
14. Gary and Zach were super helpful to set up additional props for KidMotion today.
15. Chef Stella made waffles and made the entire second floor smell amazing. The girls love Stella’s waffles. So do Gary and Judah.
16. Mr. Bob took one for the team today and allowed us to drench him in water. It was Getting Wet Sunday after all.
17. The kids loved the two games we played today. I love the energy and excitement they bring to the room.
18. Gary and Judah took me on a picnic lunch in the park.
19. It was such a beautiful day. The Oklahoma Sky can’t be beat.
20. Judah and I laughed and chased each other in the park.
21. Judah wanted to go to the water park today. Upon hearing me tell him that it is still closed, he replied, “but Mommy, we can just break the glass like wreck it Ralph does. Then, we can go in there.” At least he is persistent:) Judah has quite the imagination.
22. Family ice cream trip.
23. We got to go furniture shopping this afternoon for our new house.
24. The car is clean, the laundry is completely caught up, and you can see the floor in the play room.
25. Big Church and Kids Church both experienced changed lives today. Services were awesome and people surrendered their lives to Jesus.
26. My friend, Holly, was getting to spend the day at Frontier City with her son. She was so excited. She hasn’t gotten to spend a Mother’s Day with her son in a very long time.
27. Heard about a lady named Diane who is fighting leukemia came to church for the first time today. She went to the altar. Jesus changed her life today.
28. So much of who I am is because of my mom. So much of who I am becomming is because I am Judah’s mom. What an honor!