My dear friend, Amy, sent me a scipture reminder this morning. The scripture was Proverbs 2: 1-11 and it reads, ” My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. Tune your ear to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.”
As I read this Word again tonight, my eyes fill with tears. This scripture is a NOW Word for my life. Wisdom, knowledge, and understanding are truly better than silver, gold, or any other treasure. Interestingly enough, the Word tells us to search for it and to seek it out like we would hidden treasure. Currently, I am on the treasure hunt for wisdom and direction in a few areas in my life. I love how the Proverb personifies both wise choices and understanging. I want wise choices to watch over me and I want understanding to keep me safe. I want to walk in the perfect, pleasing will of God and to do His will above all else. As I pursue Him, I know that He will grant me the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that I so desire to make the right decision.
My 28 Thanks:
1. I can gain knowledge from the Lord.
2. The Lord grants Wisdom.
3. The Lord grants common sense.
4. He is a shield to me.
5. He guards my path and protects me.
6. He will tell me the right way to go.
7. Wise choices will watch over me.
8. Understanding will keep me safe.
9. My friend, Amy, always prays for me and sends me NOW scriptures. She is a special friend who encourages me daily in the Word.
10. My friend, Laura, wrote a beautiful poem this morning. The Lord spoke it to her while she was getting ready for work this morning. She shared it with me today.
11. The Lord worked out a serious situation for some of my friends. What the enemy means for harm, the Lord turns it around for good.
12. Gary and Zach made an awesome puppet stage for our Off the Rails series.
13. OU girls softball team won the National Championship. Boomer…SOONER!
14. Alex shampooed the carpets in the KidMotion room. It smells so much better now.
15. Clean places. I work best and I am happiest when things are clean.
16. Judah had a great day playing with his friends.
17. I completed my financial statements today…one day earlier than the deadline!
18. My Lillies survived the multiple days of over a hundred miles of wind gust! The are in full bloom and are beautiful. I can’t believe they survived.
19. I don’t cry when I receive baby shower invitations.
20. Shea gets to serve in KidMotion on Sunday. She was so excited when we talked about it today.
21. Judah now has lines from his favorite shows memorized. I love hearing him sing the theme song to Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Special Agent Oso, and Little Einsteins. He also sings a beautiful version of God Cares About Me!
22. Popcorn. I eat it almost every night. I might have a problem.
23. I got to hang out with Peyton and Maxton today. We were practicing our puppet sketch for this Sunday.
24. God put Aaron Rowin in my life to make all things Technical happen. What a great young man of God.
25. I continue to survive the four way traffic stops while they work to restore power to the stoplights.
26. My friend, Debby, loves her carpet. And, her kids get to sleep in their own beds tonight. They haven’t slept in their beds since May 19th. Restoration after the storm is a work in progress, but it is PROGRESS!
27. My RE:MO graduates had a blast at Elevation Trampoline Park. I brought them all home safe and sound!
28. My uncle Danny is a super special man. He is so loving, kind, and generous. He is a smart man too. If I ever got to play in the TV reality game show, Cash Cab, Uncle Danny would be my number one person to call for a shout out. He is full of both useful and useless information. He isn’t feeling well at all tonight. And, if you are reading this, pray with me for my uncles healing.