Psalm 91:1 states that “he who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, shall find rest in the shadow of the Almighty…” The key word in this scripture is DWELL. When you DWELLl in the secret place, when you spend time there everyday, when you live there, THEN you shall find rest. I am certain that not only do I find rest when I DWELL in the shelter of the Most High, but I also find understanding, revelation, and peace. Your quiet time is so important. Where do I dwell the most? Do I dwell the most in my secret place with the Lord? If I am lacking understanding, revelation, and peace, then I need to check out where I am spending most of my time dwelling.
My 28 Thanks:
1. God meets me in my Secret Place.
2. I can Dwell in the shelter of God.
3. I find rest in Him.
4. I find understading, revelation, and peace when I dwell in Him.
5. I was able to work from home today and take care of Judah.
6. I didn’t take Judah to the Fire Station last night for the Father’s Day cookout. Both Judah and I were so bummed. But, I am so glad I didn’t get him around the other kids because he tested positive for strep today.
7. I am so glad I didn’t take him to kids church yesterday and expose other kids. Even the kids pastor follows kidz ministry policies:)
8. Dr. Rodgers is an amazing family doctor. We are always able to get in to see him when we need to. He makes Judah laugh.
9. Quick acting antibiotics.
10. Antibiotics that taste like fruity flavors. We don’t have to hold Judah down to take it!
11. I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend today. She has such a sweet, encouraging spirit and she is super pumped to serve in Kidz Ministry.
12. Judah felt well enough to play outside this evening.
13. The evening weather was amazing. It was actually a touch too cool and I had to wear a hoodie. My husband thinks I am weird.
14. My plants continue to survive the night time storms.
15. My pallett garden plants are now producing food.
16. Finished the service plan for Wednesday Night Kidz. We are going to have so much fun.
17. Marrell is hosting the game segment again. He loves doing it and he is good.
18. Nurse Donna gave Judah two orange suckers (because he is a boy and orange is the color for boys) and he was so excited.
19. Judah is starting to use his manners all the time…he says, “Please, Thank You, and Excuse me.”
20. I have friends and co-workers in my life who cheer for me.
21. I lost 5 more pounds since April. Portion control and healthy choices are what it is all about my friends.
22. Gary went to the pharmacy for us tonight.
23. Enjoyed a very funny conversation with Gary and my in-laws tonight. Although I am super excited about moving into my HOUSE NEXT WEEK, I will miss time with my in-laws.
24. Judah’s fever has stayed below 101 since this afternoon.
25. Judah cracked me up this morning. When he first woke up, I asked, “Judah, does your throat hurt? Can you feel it when you swallow?” He responded, “No, Mommy. I can’t feel it because it is on the inside (he points to his throat) and I can’t touch it on the inside, so I don’t know how it feels.” Duh, Mommy! Duh! I love my little man.
26. Judah picked up a bug tonight-one of those nasty, gross locust that attacked me the other day to be exact. He brought it over to me and said, “Look, Mommy. It is a bug and bugs are nice.” He is such a boy. So thankful that he is not afraid of bugs like his mommy.
27. Singing Jesus Loves Me and My Best Friend, Jesus with Judah right now! Doesn’t get much better than that.
28. The faith of a child. Jesus welcomes the children and says that we should all have the Faith of a Child.