Last night, I fell asleep before recording my 28 Thanks to the Lord. However, we had a great day and there is still much to thank Him for. My thoughts from July 12:
We ended our day playing outside in a sand pile that was left over from the construction of our home. I am so glad they left us a great pile of sand and its clean sand too. We didn’t get to go to the beach in Florida this vacation, so this lovely pile of sand will do for now. Judah loves playing in this sand. So, I joined him and then Gary followed suit. Judah wanted to build a sand castle so bad, but the sand was too dry to stick together and making a form was impossible. So, we added water to the sand, stirred, and begin to fill our buckets. After about 20 minutes of fun, we had crafted 8 sand “castles.”
During this process, I quickly realized that I had to create a smooth, solid base for the castle. If we dumped over our bucket formation before the base was ready, the castle form would not stand, but rather easily crumble. Multiple times I said, “Judah, remember, we have to build the base first. If we don’t, it will crumble apart.” After saying this a few times, I was reminded of the scripture in Matthew 7.
Matthew 7: 24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”
How truly important it is to build our lives on a solid foundation. Scripture guarantees that in this world we will have trials and tests, but we can be of good cheer because He has overcome this world. How in the world can you be of good cheer when you are going through a trial and a test? Well, how is your foundation? Did you build it on the solid rock? Do you actually apply the Word of God in your life? If you did, you can be of good cheer, you can rest knowning that your house will NOT collapse under the pressures of “the rain, the wind, the flood, and any other storm device.”
More importantly, how solid is your foundation when someone or something questions your faith? When the storms of life knock at your front door, is your home built on a solid foundation?
To be honest, I have had a difficult few days. Although moving in to my dream home brings great joy, it also reminds me of the babies I will not bring into this home. The room built to be a nursery stands empty at this point. I have shed many tears the last few days and had to purposefully renew my mind with the Word and thank the Lord for all that He has done for me. If I didn’t apply the Word of God, if I didn’t have a solid foundation in Him, if I didn’t take a stand on the Rock, then I would crumble and I would stumble into a state that would leave me paralyzed, depressed, pitiful, and not much use for God. Then, the devil would have me right where he wants me….and I REFUSE to let him win.
The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning
It’s time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes…
10,000 years and then Forevermore, I will bless the Lord.
My 28 Thanks:
1. My home is built on a solid foundation…physically and spiritually.
2. I will not crumble.
3. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me…I will be singing His praises when the evening comes.
4. God has big plans for every room in my house…even the nursery.
5. I can renew my mind daily.
6. I am full of hope.
7. Judah makes me laugh.
8. Late night parties at the sand pile.
9. Judah and I were covered in sand. Gary managed to stay clean. He played in the sand with us, but squatted the ENTIRE time. He doesn’t like to get dirty when wearing clean clothes. He is so funny. I love his quirks!
10. My sweet friend, Bethany, who I miss daily, found out yesterday that they are expecting a baby girl.
11. I can talk things out.
12. I can share my heart with the Lord and HE always shows how much He cares for me and He always lets me know that I am not alone.
13. I can share my heart with Gary and he always shows how much he cares for me and he always lets me know that I am not alone.
14. My home is 95% unpacked.
15. I got a great picture from Hobbly Lobby and it was 80% off.
16. We can now pull my car into the garage. I have missed a garage parking big time for the last 10 months.
17. We planned out our entire week’s meals and went shopping.
18. My pantry is full of food. So blessed.
19. We ate dinner on the patio.
20. Scout, our golden retriever, is doing well in his new yard.
22. Judah loves to sit in my lap.
23. Judah runs to me when he is hurt.
24. I am reading a new book.
25. I am not alone.
26. Lots of people in my life celebrate birthdays in July. What a great month.
27. The devil is a liar, a loser, and a low-life!
28. Jesus is the truth, a winner, and Greater than anything else in this World!