For 102 days, I have been very aware of the blessings that surround my life. How good God is to us. I realize that as an American, I am blessed to live on this great soil. Sometimes, if I am not careful, I can take my blessings for granted. As I record my 28 thanks, I am not just pulling thanks out of hat to fill space on a blog page. I actually thank God in the moment for the particular blessing.
Blessings are truly all around us and surround the moments in our days. We just have to open our eyes and be aware. I have learned that even in moments of despair and tragedy, my heart can still find ways to Bless the Lord.
My 28 Thanks:
1. Gary starts his “platinum” 4 day this weekend. It is my favorite set of consecutive 4 days off.
2. We spent some time outside on the back porch. I love mornings.
3. Gary and I teamed up and cleaned our house well. Inside and Outside.
4. Cleanliness is next to Godliness…right? I love clean.
5. Bills are paid.
6. Judah loves to be with me.
7. Skyler sent me a really funny picture and it made me laugh. The picture brought back to memory a really funny story. I love memories.
8. Talking smack with my team mates is fun! Glad we all love each other.
9. My car is parked in a garage. It stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I missed the garage while we were building this house. Glad to have it back.
10. We had a fun, family trip to Hobby Lobby. I love that place.
11. Judah had fallen asleep in the car ride to Hobby Lobby and Gary carried him in the store the entire time.
12. My husband is strong and never complains.
13. He does things like shopping just because he wants to be with me.
14. My niece, Abby, made it through surgery just fine.
15. After removing her tonsils, she shouldn’t have anymore episodes of strep and sleepless nights. Her breathing should improve too.
16. Gary and I were able to help out Laura with Abby while she picked up Morgan from school.
17. We got a lot accomplished, but still had a wonderful, relaxing day.
18. I was spontaneous today and diverted a few times from my plan.
19. Judah and I had a fun time playing in the water.
20. We had a relaxing evening out front. We sat in our cul-de-sac and visited with neighbors and watched Judah ride his bike.
21. We live in a cul-de-sac. It is such a quiet street and a safe extended place for Judah to play.
22. Gary and Judah played and allowed me some down time to relax.
23. Judah went to sleep at 9:00 p.m.
24. Gary and I had some time together to chit chat without any interruptions.
25. God cares about me, every little thing, every part of me.
26. He knows me and still loves me.
27. God made rest and He wants us to partake in it.
28. I spent an entire Friday free from work.