When I woke up this morning, this song was blaring in my head:
When I Think about the Lord,
How He saved me, how He raised me,
How He filled me, with the Holy Ghost.
How He healed me, to the uttermost.
When I Think about the Lord,
How He picked me up and turned me around,
How He placed my feet on solid ground
It makes me wanna shout,
Thank you JESUS,
LORD, your worthy, of all the glory, and all the honor,
And all the praise…
How awesome it is to just think about the Lord.
My 28 Thanks:
1. I am excited about Jesus.
2. I think about Him a lot.
3. We had a lot of technical elements in our kids service and everything worked perfectly.
4. Pastor Clayton and family were our special guests and the kids loved the service.
5. I got the morning off from teaching! It was a nice break.
6. I got to enjoy the kids this morning. Instead of being “in the zone” thinking about my lesson, I was able to relax and visit with my sweet kids.
7. I heard kids talking about the fun service as they left with their parents. I love when kids leave excited about church.
8. We had lunch with Clayton and his family.
9. We have only hung out with them 3x, but it feels like we have known them forever. Gary and Clayton really have a great time hanging out.
10. All the video footage and still pictures worked great for Clayton.
11. Jameson came upstairs during service to check on our kids service. It is so nice to know my team supports kids ministry!
12. The kids loved the new song “Shine Your Light.”
13. Debbie and the Kidcrew knocked it out of the park. The stage team was rocking!
14. We had great attendance for a holiday weekend service!
15. My mom made it home safely.
16. Rony and Danielle made it back to California-their home-safely. They had a great roadtrip.
17. Sunday PM church service was cancelled. We are the church. We can “Shine our Light” for our neighborhoods as well. We can be the church anywhere, not just within the walls of a building. Enjoyed the time for fellowship and friendship building.
18. My crescent rolls for the draft party turned out really good. I didn’t burn any of them. Starla showed me up though with the cutest watermelon football helmet filled with yummy fruit. She is so fun and festive.
19. Dori brought bug spray and let me borrow it. It kept the hungry mosquitos away and my legs were safe from those nasty blood suckers.
20. I got first draft pick once again for my fantasy football league. Yes, Adrian Peterson is on my TEAM!
21. I have an awesome team for this year’s fantasy football league. Rony will be happy when I tell him that the 49ers made my roster list.
22. Mentally, I have already won fantasy football. Ha Ha Ha.
23. Pastor Ted and Tami hosted the draft party. It was fun hanging out with all the other fantasy players.
24. New people joined in on the fun this year. Let the smack talk begin!
25. Gary is excited to play too. We are on opposite leagues, so we don’t have to compete against each other. We even have some similar players, so we can kinda play together and cheer on the same groups.
26. Judah was covered in sweat from playing so hard with his friends. He had a fun night.
27. We walked home from the draft party because Pastor lives so close. Judah talked the entire walk home. It was so cute to listen to him retell the fun he had from the night’s events.
28. Judah wanted to hold my hand while we walked because…”Mommy, I want to hold your hand. It is dark outside and I don’t want a car to hit me.” I love my little boy!