My 28 Thanks:
1. Rick Renner’s Sparkling Gems. I love this daily devotional. God always seems to ordain the perfect one for each day of my life.
2. Online Bible study tools.
6. Understanding people.
7. My friends know me well. Several asked me how I was doing today.
8. Several of the widowed women in our church got together for a lunch in the coffee shop today. While I was decorating the fall festival area, I heard them sharing stories and I heard laughter! Thankful that they have community together and laughter comes from their mouths once again!
9. My friend, Amy, she is such a blessing in my life. I always enjoy our phone conversations.
10. Without much advertisement, I have already had 12 people sign up to help with the Fall Festival. I love hearts who love to serve.
11. Quiet times.
12. Peace that can surpass understanding.
13. My mom did not get attacked by 15 dogs today. Sounds funny, I know. But, in all seriousness, God worked out a particular situation concerning a part of her work and she was protected today.
14. Friend and Superstar Kidmin leader, Sarah, has such a servant’s heart. She is ALWAYS willing to help me out in a pinch and I so appreciate her.
15. My good friend, Stella, is an amazing blessing. She loves the Lord and has such a heart for kids. I am so thankful for her.
16. Gary, Judah, and I had lunch together. We all sat on the floor of the Welcome Center and ate Chick-Fil-A (Judah’s choice again)!
17. Phyllis, a retired elementary teacher and friend, is helping a little girl at our church who has been struggling in Math. Phyllis had impacted this little girl’s life more than she will ever know.
18. Gary and Judah picked up all the hay for the Fall Festival candy drop-off booths.
19. Gary found some AMAZING pumpkins at TG FARMS. They are huge and have amazing stems.
20. The lady at TG FARMS blessed Judah with two little pumpkins, a white one and an orange one. Judah loves those pumpkins.
21. I decorated the Fall Festival Candy Drop-off areas by myself. Holly has taught me a few things. And, I think they turned out pretty fall, festive, and fantastic.
22. I got a lot accomplished today.
23. My neighbor had total knee replacement surgery. Her grown daughter has been staying with her and taking care of her every need. They have a really sweet mother/daughter relationship. So thankful for kids who take care of their parents.
24. I am thankful that I strive for excellence in everything that I do. Yes, I fall short sometimes, but I shoot for it all the time.
25. Late night car ride to Braum’s. The car was filled with funny stories and laughter.
26. Knock Knock jokes…Judah style.
27. You can cast your cares upon the Lord because He cares for you.
28. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.