Friday, October 25
My 27 Thanks:
1. This weekend is what I like to call “Gary’s platinum 4-day.” We get very few back to back days off over a weekend. So, we treasure them.
2. When Gary got home from the fire station, he told me about a tragic call they responded to the day before. A man lost his life in a tragic accident. I won’t go into details here, but his life was taken from him in a moment. I am sure he woke up that day and headed to work and never even thought that it would be his last day. Life is SO PRECIOUS. Life is SO FRAGILE. I value every moment of every day of my life.
3. Gary is not desensitized by his job. Even though he sees tragedy on a weekly basis (usually), he still feels.
4. Went up to the church together as a family to help out with the final touches on the Event Center.
5. Judah and Asher helped me in the Resource Center. They LOVED spraying the pledge bottle and wiping the dust. I had a lot of fun with them.
6. Asher taught me some really interesting facts about animals. I am sure I learned them long ago in the 5th grade (no one is smarter than a 5th grader). But, I didn’t use the information, so I lost it. Did you know that a flamingo is pink because of the food it eats? I know….I could have googled it, but I didn’t know that off the top of my head. I do now…Asher taught me.
7. The Event Center is BEAUTIFUL. It is the final piece to be restored from the flood damage 2.5 years ago.
8. We had to work quickly as a team to complete some tasks before inspection. I felt like I was on one of those design shows. At one point, I think I was sprinting with the vaccuum.
9. Our facilities team is AMAZING. They have worked countless hours this week making it all come together.
10. I only had an hour at the Outlet Mall to find outfits for Gary and Judah for our Christmas Card pics. I DID IT…I got them both great outfits and was out in an hour.
11. Judah just had to take the train that we made the day before into the Outlet Mall. Of course, he left it in a store. He realized he didn’t have his train when we pulled out of the parking lot. Because of the giant alligator tears, we went back. Thankfully, Gary found it in the first store he went back to check. All is well in Judah’s world now.
12. Gary actually purchased clothes…and not a t-shirt…he purchased a SWEATER and a shirt to wear underneath it. I am so proud that he is going to wear layers!!!!
13. I finally got Judah some other shoes that he will wear besides his light up car shoes.
14. We celebrated my dear friend, Amy Hoover, today.
15. She was completely surprised by the party. I loved seeing her sweet smile when she realized what her husband and mom had successfully pulled off.
16. Amy has made such a lovely difference in the lives of so many. Many of those lives were at her party and sang her praises. I loved seeing her blessed.
17. We got to sit with the Mondragons at the party and visit with them. We know them and see them weekly, but we never get to chit-chat.
18. During our visit, the Mondragons got a call that their home had caught on fire. THANKFULLY, their seven children and grandma made it out of the house safely.
19. The firefighters got the fire out rather quickly and the fire was mostly contained in the garage.
20. Even though they lost a lot in the event, Ananda…my sweet little friend who made me the card for Pastor Appreciation…was mostly upset because she lost her first tooth that day and now the tooth fairy wouldn’t be able to visit the tooth since it was missing. I love the innocence of children.
21. The church immediately responded to the Mondragons needs.
22. The local church is the HOPE of the world. I am so glad I am a part of a church community. We need each other.
23. Cyndyl, the oldest Mondragon, and I had a great late night shopping trip at Wal-Mart. We laughed a lot.
24. As a teenager, my dad always said, “Kara, nothing good ever happens after 10:00 at night. I want you home by then.” My dad was right. Weird people come out late at night…ha ha ha. Cyndyl and I saw some interesting “Wal-MArt people.” Thankful for my parents care and concern over me as a teenager.
25. What an honor it is to minister to the needs of others.
26. God makes beauty from the ashes.
27. Protection and Provision.