Social media has created some fads with days of the week being times to profess certain things like, “MCM…Man Crush Monday” or “WMW…Woman Crush Wednesday.” It took me a while to figure out what those acronyms stood for…actually I didn’t figure it out. Finally, I asked someone and they told me. So, I wanted to devout my Monday, November 4th 10K reasons journey blog to my everyday crush, Gary.
I took the day off work on Monday just because I wanted to spend some time with him. So, if you keep reading, I want to give you a MUSHY ALERT, this blog is all about him.
My 27 Thanks:
1. Gary loves the Lord with all of his heart.
2. Gary spends time with the Lord on a daily basis.
3. I hear Gary praying over Judah and me all the time.
4. Gary is a hard-working man. He doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty. He is handy and can fix everything. Every time Judah accidentally breaks a toy, he replies, “That’s okay…my daddy can fix it.”
5. Gary is respected by his peers. People like to be around Gary because he is kind and polite and respectful.
6. Gary has the favor of God upon his life.
7. Gary is calm and patient. He handles Judah and me with Grace and Patience.
8. Gary leads our home well. Our home is a very peaceful place because of his leadership.
9. Gary understands his role as the spiritual leader in our home.
10. Gary always listens to me. He really listens too with his eyes and his ears. And, he always lets me know that he cares about what I have to say.
11. Gary desires to learn and grow.
12. Gary hates sin. He sets up safeguards for himself and us to avoid all evil.
13. Gary makes me feel very safe in our relationship. He watches carefully everything he sees and hears. He works hard to renew his mind. If an inappropriately dressed woman walks by us or if Gary sees something inappropriate on TV, I will hear him pray, asking the Lord to renew his mind or he will come and talk to me about it.
14. Gary is trustworthy.
15. Gary loves to give to the needs of others.
16. Gary is sensitive to the voice of God and to the needs of others.
17. Gary is humble. I have never heard or seen a proud, arrogant action or word come from his mouth.
18. Gary loves to have fun.
19. Gary makes me laugh all the time.
20. Gary has energy. He makes our home a place of fun for Judah everyday!
21. Gary loves his family. He treats his mother and father with the utmost of respect and care. He loves his siblings too.
22. Gary is affectionate. He never leaves one of his family members without hugging them goodbye and expressing his love for them.
23. Gary has a servant’s heart. Whether I need a dressed up character, a built game prop, muscles for heavy lifting, or a sound board for a new idea…I can count on Gary.
24. Gary never complains.
25. Gary always puts Judah and me first. He chooses us over all else.
26. Gary has held my hand and wiped my tears through some of the most difficult times of my life. And, I know he will continue to do so.
27. Gary asked me to be his wife.