My 27 Thanks:
1. Gary and I both have the day off together.
2. We spent the morning in our pajamas.
3. Gary had a cleaning bug. He cleaned and I let him.
4. Gary and I both like to keep a clean house.
5. Gary and I do Rick Renner’s Sparkling Gem devotion almost daily together. It is nice to be able to discuss the Word together.
6. The Word is full of Wisdom for every area of your life.
7. It was a beautiful, sunny day.
8. I love Psalm 50: 14. It says that we should make Thankfulness our sacrifice to God.
10. The Hendrickson, Ellison, McGuire, etc…Thanksgiving menu has been set.
11. I am hosting both sides of our family for Thanksgiving on the same day. It is going to be lively and wonderful.
12. God protects us on the road. Someone came over into our lane and almost hit us. Thankfully, they corrected quickly and avoided a collision. I am constantly reminded of His protection.
13. Gary has been singing and playing guitar to the song we had played at our wedding. Judah now knows it and walks around singing, “Faithful, You are faithful, I am in love with the way that you are.” It is so sweet.
14. My home is a peaceful, comforting place.
15. Gary and I protect our “home” from strife and discord. Yes, we have moments of disagreement, but we are quick to resolve.
16. We follow peace. My mom always stressed that in my life. She would always say, “Follow peace.” I think it is a pretty good rule of thumb.
17. We went to Mathis Brothers and after months of looking we found a desk in the “As Is” section.
18. We got a great price on the desk and the scratches are minimal. Besides, with a 3 year old in the house, scratches are inevitable!
19. Mr. Ken also helped us find an office chair in the “As Is” section. He also gave us a tip on how to easily fix what was wrong with the chair.
20. We were able to fit the desk and the chair into our 4 Runner. It took some creative packing, but it worked…barely.
21. My little family loves Pei Wei. So, we had it for our Friday Night Fun dinner. We beat the dinner crowd.
22. Gary always tries something new. I stick to what I know I like. I am glad that Gary is adventurous.
23. Judah always eats his entire meal from Pei Wei. It is the one time that I rest assured he has a full tummy.
24. I was able to run several errands in a short amount of time, as well as visit two stores that I have always wanted to check out. And, we still made it home by 7:00.
25. I was strong enough to help Gary unload the desk. And, it fits perfectly in our small space.
26. Tis the season…Christmas lights are already on display.
27. I love my Lord, not because of what He has done, but simply because of Who He is.