My 27 Thanks:
I am so blessed. As I think about the last few days, I am reminded about all the blessings I have in my life. Previously, I mentioned how easy it is for us to get into an Entitlement Mentality. We get used to our blessings and think that we deserve them and we have a right to them. We forget that they are blessings, freely given to us from our loving father. If we aren’t careful, we can take the amazing blessings God has bestowed upon us for granted. In the last week, Gary and I have been able to spend time in our home. Tonight, I am truly thankful for what my home provides for me and my family. I don’t want to ever take God’s blessings for granted.
I am thankful that my home:
1. Is located in the Great State of Oklahoma.
2. Is located in South Oklahoma City. I love this area. It is convenient, friendly, and provides well for the needs of our family.
3. Is large enough to host large groups of people at the same time.
4. Was built by one of the top builders in the Oklahoma City area.
5. Is located in a neighborhood that is off the beaten path.
6. Is located in a cul-de-sac. We spend time in our front yard!
7. Has wood, tile, and concrete floors. I never really have to worry about a spill.
8. Has a fireplace that helps heat it well.
9. Represents my personality and style.
10. Receives me like a big hug.
11. Makes me feel welcomed.
12. Makes me feel safe.
13. Has an amazing alarm system.
14. Has a special place in it for me to spend my quiet times with the Lord.
15. Has a nice size backyard for Judah to play.
16. Is located next to really great neighbors.
17. Is a place that Gary and I plan to raise our family.
18. Is a comfortable place.
19. Is a place where memories are made.
20. Has a special room for my mom. She loves her little space and finds it perfect. Because my family lives out-of-town, it is so nice to have a place for them when they come to visit.
21.Has room to grow.
22. Has a tornado shelter built under the ground.
23. Is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
24. Is in a neighborhood that is so friendly and fun.
25. Has a fenced in backyard.
26. Is located right by my in-laws. I love being close to family.
27. Is a place that my family loves to spend time together.