My 27 Thanks:
1. Judah and I woke up to a beautiful ground cover of powdery snow.
2. Gary made it safely to the fire station.
3. Judah and I spent the morning in our pajamas.
4. I had to cancel our tech rehearsal for the production due to bad road conditions. In the past, this would have rocked my world. But, I had such a sweet peace and know that God will work it all out.
6. God works all things together for good.
7. Email. It makes mass communication so much easier these days!
8. Pastor Ted searched for the Little Match Girl book for me. And, he found it. What a thoughtful gesture.
9. Judah and I made it safely to my in-laws for a fun day of play in the snow.
10. I didn’t have any waterproof gloves for Judah, so I got really inventive. I covered his gloves in plastic trash bags and they worked perfectly.
11. Judah, Morgan, Abby, and I had a great time playing in the snow together.
12. Robert brought home the 4-wheeler, so we all got to take rides and do donuts on the empty street.
13. I really enjoyed the snow time with Judah.
14. The white snow is a perfect reminder of how Jesus washed my sins away and made me “as white as snow.”
17. Judah and I enjoyed a wonderful day with our family. It was so nice to relax with family.
18. Robert and Laura went and picked up Chinese food for all. No one had to cook.
19. My in-laws and I had great conversation about alternative health options. We are going to start taking tart cherry juice and see how it helps us sleep.
20. Healthy living.
21. The City of OKC does a great job clearing the roads from snow and ice.
22. The luxury of paved roads!
23. I saw lots of families spending time together and taking advantage of the snow day. I love when families spend quality time together.
24. Quality time.
25. He is faithful.
26. Today was filled with peace.
27. In April of this year, I came across a blog entitled, “10Kreasons.” I loved the song 10 reasons, so I checked it out. Little did I know how it would change my life. The blog was written by a young wife and mother who had just experienced the devastating loss of birthing a child that wasn’t alive. Unfortunately, I shared her same pain. I emailed Sarah and asked her if I could join her on the journey to find 10,000 reasons to bless the Lord in one year. She welcomed me along. Today, Sarah Blount gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Even though I have never met her and have only spoken to her over email, I am elated and thrilled for this new blessing that has been birthed in her life. Congrats, Sarah!