My 27 Thanks:
1. Today is another day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.
2. I got to see me church family today.
3. We are always greeted with BIG smiles when walking into the church building.
4. Abby had everything ready to go for our kidz service.
5. I met several new families today who were checking out the church. I love meeting the new families, hearing their stories, and making them feel comfortable in a big space.
6. We had a well staffed team for a 5th Sunday following the Christmas Holiday.
7. Faithful leaders who love to serve.
8. Pastor Marcia is ready all the time. She stepped in and preached for Pastor today.
9. All the rooms were nice and warm on a very cold Sunday morning.
10. We wrapped up our series, “It’s Christmas Time.” We had tons of fun with this series. But, I am excited to move on to our New Year’s series, Robots, Inc.
11. We had lunch at Gary’s parent’s house. Both my in-laws families met at their home to have a big lunch get together. My MIL has a huge family.
12. This is shocking news to some, but I don’t always like crowds. I am accustomed to being surrounded by hundreds of kids at a time, but that is usually in a big space. My in-laws home was so crowded with people, and I stayed calm.
13. Family got to reconnect and spend time together.
14. There was plenty of food. At first, we didn’t think there would be enough, but there was plenty.
15. Provision. We serve a God of more than enough.
16. He is my portion. He is exactly what I need.
17. With God, we never lack for anything.
18. The joy of the Lord is my strength.
19. My hope comes from the Lord.
20. We were home by 4:30 and had plans to do nothing.
21. Relaxing evenings at home are priceless. I would rather be home than anywhere else.
22. Gary and I watched the movie, 42. What a great story. I love real life stories and Jackie Robinson’s story is one of perseverance, love, and hope.
23. The spirit of Perseverance.
24. For the most part, racial segregation is a thing of the past.
25. People who believe that they can be a catalyst to change the course of history and then they execute!
26. People who believe that they can make a positive difference in the lives of others. And, they do!