Friday, January 17
My 27 Thanks:
1. I woke up after a great night of sleep.
2. I slept all night. I didn’t wake up at all throughout the night. This is a huge win for me.
3. Gary and I had the day off together.
4. I enjoyed morning quiet time with the book of Luke.
5. I finally had enough energy to clean up my house.
6. Gary helped me clean.
7. Gary knows exactly when I need a great big hug.
9. We needed to run some errands, but instead made a spontaneous stop at the movie theater to watch “The Nut Job.” It was cute and we had a great laugh together.
10. Judah had fun and sat on my lap during the movie. I love snuggling with that little boy.
11. Judah laughs all the time.
12. “The Nut Job” had a great storyline about selflessness. When you learn that it isn’t all about you, great things happen.
13. The power of friendship.
14. Clean, public restrooms. I love when businesses care enough about their customers that they employ someone to make sure the public restrooms are clean ALL the time. It says a lot about quality.
15. I had a catch up conversation with a good friend today. Amazing things are falling into place for her family and their future. I am so excited for what lies ahead for them.
16. The $4 tube or iron cleaner worked. Now, we don’t have to spend $30+ for a new iron.
17. Even when I wear minimal makeup and my hair in a ponytail, Gary tells me that I am beautiful.
18. Gary always says kind, encouraging words to me. In the 10 years I have been with him, I have never felt anything less than a princess.
19. The days seem to be getting longer. Spring is approaching.
20. After watching the evening news, I am so thankful that I don’t have a sketchy past or future. I am so thankful that my family, or anyone that I know isn’t involved in crime. My heart breaks for those who only know that type of life.
21. My friend had a great report from the doctor today.
22. Judah fell asleep in my arms. I love experiencing those moments in life.
23. Gary and I shared a heartfelt conversation. It feels really good to share deep thoughts with your best friend.
24. Yesterday, my nephew Gage celebrated his 7th birthday. It seems like yesterday we were headed to Dallas to welcome his arrival. He is the oldest of the Ellison grandsons. He is full of adventure and loves to tell jokes. He is a fun kid!
25. Today, my dear friend Bethany is another day older. I miss her more every day. We had so much fun together. We laughed, we cried, we dreamed, we made messes, we planned, we executed….we were a great team! Happy Birthday, Bethany! I am glad God created you.
27. God is for me, not against me.