“My Baby Mattered…27 Lessons from Loss.”
An extra excerpt for Tuesday, February 18.
I can’t believe a year has passed since grief knocked at the door of my heart. The details of that cold, dark night on February 18th are still vivid in my mind. Even though I delivered a baby at 14 weeks and it had no viable life outside the womb…that baby mattered to me. At first, I questioned God of the baby’s purpose. I asked Him many tough questions. I was mad and angry…
But, over the course of a year, I have learned that my baby mattered and even in death, you can find reasons to celebrate life.
The 27 Lessons from Loss:
1. God is Faithful.
2. He is close to the broken-hearted.
3. He speaks in mysterious ways.
4. Even when you don’t feel Him close, He is truly there.
5. Friends will surprise you.
6. Grief is a process.
7. I am so blessed. I have learned to appreciate even more what I have instead of focusing on what I don’t have.
8. Having a baby full term is truly miraculous.
9. Miracles happen everyday.
10. Even in your darkest hour, you can find reasons to rejoice.
11. The Name of Jesus is sweeter to me now than ever before.
12. People will say ignorant things without thinking. But, you have to just “let it go..”
13. In life, we truly have little control.
14. Life goes on. For you, it may have stopped for a while, but for others, it keeps going. Others moving forward can hurt when you just want to stand still. But, you have to move forward too even if you don’t feel like it.
15. Things don’t always work out the way you plan, so you have to come up with a new plan. You have to find a way to “be content in all things.”
16. There is great power when you decide to Trust God even when you don’t understand.
17. Crying is good for me. It is truly cathartic.
18. I can be down, but it doesn’t mean I am destroyed.
19. Many women share a similar story of loss.
20. When I am weak, He is strong in me.
21. Gary and I have a strong, solid marriage. It is in times of greatest tragedy that we are our strongest together. We would rather be together than apart.
22. I am blessed with a husband who loves to cry with me, laugh with me, and hold my hand through every step.
23. Every moment with Gary and Judah is priceless. I don’t take anything for granted and try to be very present in every moment with them.
24. Bad things really do happen to good people. But, …
25. There is always hope for the hopeless.
26. If you look for it, you can find victory even in the land of defeat.
27. Joy comes in the morning.