The week of a big production produces not only great rehearsal times, but also really long hours. So, in efforts to keep my priorities as balanced as possible, Judah gets snuggle time instead of my writing time. I launched a new series in Kidz Ministry this Sunday called, It’s Christmas Time. Our key verse is a verse that I have read many times, as well as memorized. It is also a popular verse quoted during the Christmas season. But, this Sunday, I think I fell in love with this verse. And, when time allows next week, I will be dissecting pieces of it throughout the week. Isaiah 9:6 states, “For unto us a child is born. Unto us a Son is given. And, the Government will be upon His shoulders. And, He will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Sunday, December 8
My 27 Thanks:
1. It’s Christmas Time. I love this time of year.
2. The launch of our new Kidz Ministry series went well and the kids loved it.
3. The Angel Tree is in full swing and many kids have been adopted.
4. Angel Tree Participants are bringing back really awesome, great gifts to bless kids with this Christmas.
5. My friend, Ava, does a great job managing this tree. I am so thankful for her heart to serve and her heart of compassion.
6. My kidz ministry leaders come early and leave later. They are committed to the call.
7. My kidz ministry leaders love kids. I love watching them play games, have conversations, and smile and laugh with the kids.
8. My kidz ministry leaders don’t mind dressing up as characters, dancing funny jigs, or eating crazy things if it helps drill home a point in the message.
9. My kidz ministry leaders always seem to have energy for the day.
10. My kidz ministry leaders are creative and fun.
11. My kidz ministry leaders have a “You First” mentality. It’s not about them, it’s about the kids.
12. My kidz ministry leaders realize how important their ministry role is in the life of kids.
13. My kidz ministry leaders are my friends. Gary and I enjoy spending time with them in ministry.
14. My kidz ministry leaders are an addition to our family. We care for one another, pray for one another, and hang out with one another.
15. My kidz ministry leaders want to grow as leaders. There is always room for improvement.
16. Gloria was back in the nursery after total knee replacement surgery. She is walking well. It is so good to have her back. She brings a special, sweet presence into the nursery room.
17. Robert made a really funny “Elf Yourself” video of Gary, Judah, and me. It was so funny and creative. The kids loved it and it provided great entertainment as parent picked up their kids.
18. Big Church service agreed to move their PM service to the Event Center tonight. This allows me to have the Main Sanctuary stage for Christmas Production practice.
19. Our first of three rehearsals went well. I am so glad we have practices built-in to every production!
20. Jesus was God’s perfect plan to redeem mankind. He wasn’t a back-up plan, or plan B. He was a perfect plan.
21. Jesus left His throne in Heaven for a manger in a stable…because He loves me.
22. The Government rests upon His shoulders. God will always be in control.
23. He is my Wonderful Counselor.
24. He is a Mighty God.
25. He is an Everlasting Father. He never fails or fades away.
26. He is my Prince of Peace.
27. Peace walks with me.