Monday, May 5
My 27 Thanks:
1. My job allows me to take Judah to school when needed.
2. Parenting is tough. I am glad that I have a great team-mate, Gary.
3. I was able to hug a friend that needed a hug today and speak words of encouragement to her.
4. God is the God who can restore all things.
6. Brandon, Abby, and I came up with good ideas to promote the Jr. Academy
7. UW Sports Ministry rep, Josh, made a special trip to Crossroads to see me.
8. We are hosting Sports Camp for the 5th year. It is an awesome event!
9. The first year I introduced Sports Camp as a replacement for VBS, I took some heat. I even had one person accuse me of not being interested in teaching kids about Jesus. I am so glad I didn’t get defeated by those comments and moved forward with Sports Camp.
10. Sports Camp is one of the best evangelistic tools we use to reach kids. God can use sports to tell His kids about His word!
11. UW Sports gave me back Amanda Rider as my Head Coach.
12. I fielded a lot of phone call interest concerning the Jr. Academy.
13. Slow and steady proved successful for the tortoise. I believe it is working on my behalf too.
14. Abby and I shared some honest conversations about life and future. She is a smart girl and knows more about me than I know about myself-ha ha!
15. I had a very productive work day.
16. Mom Mom picked up Judah from school for me. This act of kindness gave me more hours to work without interruptions.
17. When I picked up Judah, he was having fun with his cousins digging in the garden.
18. We decided to stay and visit a while and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather.
19. Porch Swings and shade trees.
20. Mom Moms leftovers made for a great, easy dinner.
21. I loved watching the kids play in Pa Pa’s sprinkler. The laughter of children warms my heart.
22. I love visiting with my in-laws.
23. Gary’s family accepts me as their own. So good to me.
24. Gary’s family is very affection. They always hug goodbye and say, “I love you.”
25. Judah and I snuggled in bed and watched OSO Bear. I love my evening snuggles with Judah.
26. Jesus loves me this I know.
27. The Bible reminds me of these most beautiful truths.
Sunday, May 4th
My 27 Thanks:
1. Gary always helps me get Judah ready for church.
2. Ms. Rhelda is back in our 5s classroom! She has been out for sometime recovering from back surgery! We are so glad to have her back.
3. Starla and her family are on vacation. It is always nice to have some time away.
4. Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit.
5. The Holy Spirit is our helper. He will help us accomplish the tasks God has played before us.
6. I have the Holy Spirit alive and well in me.
7. Jeremy and Mason were back in the sound booth this morning. I so appreciate their attentiveness to our sound/tech service!
8. Jose, one of my super faithful Kidmin leaders, took the morning off to go to big church with his lovely wife. But, they still came up and said “Hello.” I love Jose and Katy’s hearts for ministry!
9. We had three new leaders in KidMotion this morning!
10. They loved our service and plan to join the team!
11. We hosted a small group training lunch for my K-1st grade leaders. They are such a great group of leaders.
12. Wisdom is in a multitude of counsel.
13. Sharing of ideas and new ways of approaching things.
14. Abby, my Associate, has a degree in education. Her education in Elementary and Early Childhood development brings great insight to the Kidmin table!
15. Afternoon naps.
16. The weather is absolutely lovely today!
18. I was the Guest Welcome host tonight and had little nervousness. This is huge for me!
19. Pastor Marc preached an awesome message on “Labels” tonight. Gary and I enjoyed the message.
20. The Youth Fine Arts team performed two of their special pieces and it was so good to see!
21. Young people use their talents to glorify The Lord!
22. We haven’t participated in Fine Arts for many years and now we are back in it. Many kids got involved too.
23. Service got out at 7:05! We had time to get dinner and go to the grocery store.
24. My parents are celebrating their 29th wedding anniversary.
25. My parents have weathered many, many storms in their marriage. But, they remained faithful and stayed on the boat. They didn’t abandon ship.
27. God honors commitment.
Saturday, May 3rd
My 27 Thanks:
1. Gary is back at the fire station, but Judah and I have a super fun day planned for us.
2. I love having fun things to do with my sweet boy.
4. Judah was beyond excited to start the day that was full of birthday party fun. He told us he loves birthday parties!
5. Our first party was to celebrate Aaron and Garrett Johnson. Judah has great friends.
6. We love the Johnson family and are so glad they are in our lives.
7. The party was at Chuck-E-Cheese. Judah loved playing all the games. He grinned from ear to ear and had so much fun.
8. Social interaction amongst preschoolers is precious.
9. I got to see my sweet friend Amy!
10. Mom Mom invited Judah over to her house before my nieces birthday party. He was so excited to go early.
11. They kept Judah for me and gave me time to go to Rochelle’s baby shower.
12. Rochelle’s shower was awesome. She was blessed with so many goodies for her sweet baby girl.
14. I love to see people blessing other people.
15. Mom Mom and Pa Pa opened their home to my nieces joint birthday party.
16. It was a fun time for all. The kids had a blast on the giant inflatable slide.
17. Judah played so hard with all his friends.
19. Watermelon. It is probably God’s favorite fruit!
20. Gentle breeze. The wind was not overwhelming at all.
21. Time with family.
22. When people ask me why I haven’t had another kid yet, and it happens often, I respond with grace and love and not an ounce of pain:)
23. God is a heart healer.
24. It’s a new season in my life.
25. Gary had an awesome shift.
26. I love holding Judah’s hand. Feeling his little fingers wrapped inside mine is Heavenly.
27. Judah and I had a full, fun day together.
Friday, May 2
My 27 Thanks:
1. We all slept in. Well, Gary went to the YMCA and worked out at 6:00, but Judah and I slept in.
2. Gary takes great care of himself.
3. My sweet little family had the whole day off together.
4. Gary brought us home donuts. Judah was so excited.
5. We had a peaceful morning at home.
6. The weather was perfect.
7. We went gift shopping together. We have the best of times doing things together.
8. Judah doesn’t throw fits when we tell him, “no,” to a toy.
9. We enjoyed a nice lunch at McAlisters.
10. We ran into our friends, Nickie and Angela. It was nice to see them and have a time to chat and catch up.
11. Outside dining. We love to sit outside and enjoy both our food and spring weather.
12. Judah loves to eat at the same places that Gary and I love to eat.
13. We enjoyed a day free from cooking, but still made great food choices.
14. Our kitchen is clean!
15. Gary and I always team up to keep our house clean.
16. Mrs. Sharon, our next door neighbor, brought over more ice cream for Judah. She loves to spoil him.
17. We got to visit with her and her daughter, Cindy. It is nice meeting new people.
18. Ms. Cindy adopted her sweet daughter Mikayla from China. I love to hear people’s stories of adoption.
20. We enjoyed family movie night. Judah, Gary, and I love the new movie The Nut Job.
21. Judah loves to laugh.
22. My bed is huge and a perfect place for our family to gather and watch movies.
23. Judah crinkles his nose when he laughs really hard-I absolutely love that.
24. The Lord delights over His kids like I delight over my son, Judah.
25. My husband and my son love me so much.
26. I am content.
27. Jesus is the lover of my soul.
Thursday, May 1
My 27 Thanks:
1. It’s the start of a brand new month. I love new beginnings.
2. I feel better than I did the day before.
3. Soft Kleenex.
4. Gary made me breakfast this morning. He is so sweet to me.
5. I am so thankful for ears and the ability to hear. My ears are so stopped up, it makes me realize the awesome blessing it is to hear clearly.
6. I have a great car that is super reliable.
7. My car is paid off!
8. I get to work with some pretty cool guys.
9. Mrs. Lori and I finally got to meet and chat. Mrs. Lori is such a blessing to our preschool team!
10. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law finally sold their house!
11. They are moving over to “our” side of the City. I am so excited for them.
12. I live in a convenient area of town.
13. I don’t have to ever drive in traffic.
14. Decaf, hot, lemon tea has been my best friend.
15. Miss Lorry Gail, one of my leaders, got a call for a second interview at a new job. I love when my team excels.
16. Judah got to play with his cousins for a little bit after I got home from work.
17. I rested a little while he went and played. I am hoping rest kicks this cold to the curb!
18. Gary mowed the lawn and it looks lovely!
19. Gary cares about the details.
20. Our neighbors moved in next door. They seem friendly.
21. Their oldest son came over and played with Judah. Judah was so hyped up and thrilled to have a new friend.
22. Judah is turning into a most precious little boy. He is growing up.
23. God’s protection.
24. I had a great chat with my friend Holly. She is well and her decorating business is soaring.
25. Judah learned tonight that he only has two more weeks of school left. You would have thought it was Christmas at our house. He is my little home body.
26. Judah and I enjoyed a bowl of popcorn in bed! We love our popcorn.
27. Jesus wants us to draw near to Him!
Wednesday, April 30
My 27 Thanks:
1. Even though I feel like I have been hit by a bus, I got up, put on my big girl pants, and made it to work.
2. Gary joined me at the memorial service of a very good man today, Monte Dunn.
3. Monte’s life, even though cut short at 58 years, was full of life and beauty.
4. His family, especially his wife Rhonda, made it through the service okay.
5. Pastor Ted joined with two leaders of the Mormon church to conduct the service for Monte.
6. Our church always does a top-notch job to honor people and their families.
7. The funeral ministry team is such a blessing to so many families.
8. Gary and I had a nice lunch together.
9. Soup and salad lunch combos were a super smart idea…just saying.
10. Laura, my sister-in-law has sent some pictures of Judah enjoying Super Fun Day at school.
11. Judah has so much fun and plays so hard!
12. He has had a great year at Antioch Preschool. It is such a great place.
13. I have a fully staffed Kidmin team for the month of May!
15. I have a flexible job that allowed me to leave work early to go home and try to rest and feel better.
16. I enjoyed hearing Judah tell me all about Super Fun Day!
17. I love Judah’s teachers, Ms. Stacie and Ms. Linda.
18. I love how Judah pronounces their names too!
19. I made the decision to stay home and take care of myself.
20. I NEVER miss church. This is huge for me.
21. My team is awesome. They sent me lots of well wishes, prayers, and offered to bring me stuff to make me feel better.
22. They lead well and had a great night of ministry without me.
23. Gary and Abby are a great blessing. I completely trust them. They know my heart and execute well!
24. When Gary and Judah got home, Judah walked right up to me and said, “Mommy, are you feeling better now?” Then, he gave me a big kiss!
25. I have the most caring little boy!
26. My hope is in The Lord.
27. The Lord renews my strength.
Friday, April 25
My 27 Thanks:
Today, I wanted to focus my thanks on all that God is to me. Now, words can never truly express His wonder in my life, but here is 27:
1. He is my Creator.
2. He is my Rock.
3. He is my Redeemer.
4. He is my Shelter, my Hiding Place.
5. He is my Provider, my Jehovah Jireh.
6. He is my Comforter.
7. He is my Best-Friend.
8. He is the Lover of my soul.
9. He is my Healer.
10. He is my Strong-Tower.
11. He is my Alpha and Omega.
12. He is the Bread of Life.
13. He is the Author and Finisher of my Faith.
14. He is my Father God.
15. He is my Banner.
16. He is a Holy God.
17. He is Immanuel.
18. He is my King of Kings, the Lord of Hosts.
19. He is my Peace.
20. He is All-Powerful.
21. He is All-Knowing.
22. He is my portion. He is more than enough for me.
23. He is my Shepherd.
24. He is the Great I Am.
25. He is the Almighty One. There is no one like my God.
26. He is Alive in me.
27. He is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
Monday, April 28th
My 27 Thanks:
1. I am officially another year older. I am so thankful for life.
2. I was able to encourage someone this morning who is going through a very tough time.
3. God uses your story to bring hope and healing to others.
4. Mom mom helped me out big time today. She went and picked up snacks for Judah’s class for me. I forgot it was my turn:(
5. Mom Mom also picked up Judah from school for me.
6. I got to attend an awesome conference today.
7. Our church hosted it!
8. I got to hear from some great leaders like, Nancy Ortberg, Tommy Barnett, and Herbert Cooper.
9. There were a lot of young leaders in the AG fellowship.
10. I enjoyed a great lunch with Nancy Ortberg.
11. Pastor Marcia blessed me with her ticket.
12. The childcare for this event has worked well.
13. Dean and Joy Guthrie, OCM Pastors, are a delight to work with.
14. They love our space and are excited to use it.
15. Our facility is a great blessing!
16. The worship for Century Leadership was amazing and just what I needed.
17. Tommy Barnett’s message spoke volumes to me.
18. I ran out of note room in Herbert Cooper’s message. I love hearing the teaching of the Word.
19. For the most part, all bad weather has stayed away from Moore/Norman/OKC.
20. We have a storm shelter.
21. Core Values.
22. Judah and I worked on writing his numbers tonight. He loves to learn.
23. Teaching Game Apps.
24. Judah and I sang the theme song to “Guess How Much I Love you” together.
25. I have the sweetest little boy.
26. Bedtime snuggles.
27. I am blessed.
Sunday, April 27
My 27 Thanks:
1. It’s Sunday.
2. Today is my 34th birthday. I am so thankful for life.
3. I received so many birthday blessings and sweet words from friends and family.
4. I have amazing people in my life.
5. Jesus walks in humility. He is always committed in making things right.
6. Even though Peter messed up BIG time, Jesus didn’t hold a grudge. He restored Peter completely.
7. We had a great day of kids ministry at Crossroads.
8. Gary is leading so well in kids worship. I am so proud of him and thrilled to do ministry with him.
9. My kids sang the Happy Birthday song to me.
10. My kids show me so much love.
11. Many men participated in the Resolution ceremony at church. They made commitments to their families and resolved to be the spiritual leader if the home.
12. Pastor Marcia and Dorothy blessed me with two cards. They said the sweetest of things. I treasure their friendship and mentors hip in my life.
13. I have a really sweet, special mom. She always makes me feel like a million bucks. I love her yearly birthday greetings.
14. My mom went through much to have me. I am so thankful for her bravery and determination to have a child.
15. I enjoyed a birthday lunch at Johnny Carinos with friends and family.
16. Free birthday dessert.
17. Because we are hosting a Century Leadership Conference, we cancelled Sunday PM church service so they could setup. It was really nice to have my birthday evening at home with family.
18. Gary gave Judah a haircut. He looked so cute and so grown up!
19. Lots of rest.
20. We got rain, but no severe weather.
21. Friends who live in SE Oklahoma are safe after some severe storms went through the area.
22. Psalm 34.
23. Gary and I enjoyed watching Saving Mr. Banks.
24. My 10K reasons journey has brought great joy to my life. I am so thankful for this journey.
25. A life of thankfulness.
26. I am a different person because of Jesus.
27. I cried out to Him and He heard me. He rescued me.
Thursday, April 24
My 27 Thanks:
1. I had the honor of officiating the marriage ceremony of two lovely people.
2. The rain stopped in time for the outdoor wedding.
3. The bride and groom blessed Gary and I with gift cards to our favorite restaurants!
4. Gary went with me to the wedding so I didn’t have to go alone.
5. Mom-mom and Pa Pa let Judah hang out at their house and he loved it.
6. Gary and I had a spontaneous coffee date after the wedding.
8. God designed marriage. It is a beautiful symbol of Jesus returning for us-and uniting with us at the marriage super of the Lamb.
9. It is not good for man to be alone, so God designed a helpmate! Two is always better than one.
10. I get to spend my life with the most perfect man for me!
11. Mom-mom made Judah the cutest M&M pajamas. Her new sewing hobby benefits us all.
12. Pa Pa’s hand is healing more and more each day.
13. Pastor Marcia sent me a sample of a wedding certificate document filled out. I was so thankful for the reminder.
14. New beginnings and fresh starts.
15. I am a victor, I don’t have to play the victim card.
16. We were able to cancel our night at the resort without paying any penalties and they are letting us reschedule.
17. We made another trip to Lowes and got a great deal on our landscape rock.
18. Gary made our front flower bed beautiful.
19. My crate myrtle is going to live and thrive.
20. Ms. Sharon, our neighbor, brought Judah over an ice cream bar. She has won him over.
21. We found a birds best with a baby bird in it. We had fun watching the mother feed it.
22. Judah is full of energy! I love watching him ride his bike and his scooter.
23. Judah is turning into a Math whiz. He loves numbers and he does Math in his head.
24. I live in a quiet, peaceful cul-de-sac.
25. God heard my cry and He answered me.
27. It is Well with my Soul.